XyloBrit Sweetener (250g)
Xylobrit is a natural sugar-free sweetener made from 100% Xylitol, a sugar substitute commonly found in fruit and vegetables. Xylobrit looks and tastes like ordinary sugar, has the same sweetness profile as sugar, but almost half the calories. It is also toothkind.
Low Glycaemic Index
- XyloBrit has a very low Glycaemic Index (GI=8) so can be used by people on Low-GI Diets.
Nearly half the calories of sugar
- XyloBrit has only 2.4 kcal/g as opposed to 4.0 kcal/g in ordinary sugar.
Suitable for Diabetics
- XyloBrit does not need insulin to be metabolised, so does not cause fluctuations in blood-sugar.
Promotes healthy teeth and gums
- XyloBrit is used extensively in sugar-free chewing gum and oral-hygiene products because of its unique dental-care properties which have been clinically proved to help maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- XyloBrit also has a probiotic effect, promoting the growth of friendly bacteria.
Xylobrit has the same taste, texture and sweetness as ordinary sugar. It can be used just like ordinary sugar in hot and cold drinks, and sprinkled on desserts and cereals on a one-for-one basis. XyloBrit may have a pleasant cooling-effect in the mouth when used on cold desserts.
In home baking (with white flour, for instance) try replacing the ordinary sugar in the recipe with half-and-half Xylobrit and sugar.
Ingredients: 100% Xylitol.
Xylitol in common with other polyols has a mild laxative effect at high levels of intake.